Leader of the council and cabinet members
Cllr Alice Macdonald
Cabinet Member for Communities & Equalities
To improve the council’s engagement with all Southwark’s communities, especially those who are hardest to reach. To be responsible for strengthening the voluntary and community sector, supporting volunteering across the borough.
To champion equality and diversity across the borough and be a champion for Southwark’s varied and diverse communities. To lead on the council’s work to tackle inequality and ensure that fairness and justice are the cornerstone of all the decisions we make. Working with partners and communities across Southwark, to lead on our work on neighbourhoods, including creating new neighbourhood charters.
To deliver the council’s corporate programme to transform the way it works – to modernise, secure savings, improve customer services and deliver value for money for local residents and businesses. To ensure excellence in customer service for our residents.
The cabinet member will have particular responsibility for:
- Women rights
- Community engagement, participation & development
- Increasing the voice and influence of black, Asian and minority ethnic communities
- Neighbourhoods, including social regeneration charters
- Voluntary and Community Sector
- Faith communities
- Civic issues
- Community grants and investment, including: Local Community Infrastructure Levy; Common Purpose Fund; Cleaner, Greener, Safer Fund; Democracy Fund; Neighbourhoods Fund; and, Resident Participation Fund
- Community and tenants & residents halls and centres
- Financial inclusion
- Digital inclusion
- Digital infrastructure & improving broadband
- Customer services
- Registrar's service
- Coroners service
Page last updated: 28 September 2020