Leader of the council and cabinet members
Cllr Kieron Williams became Leader of the Council in September 2020. Kieron was elected as a Labour councillor in Camberwell Green ward in 2014. He joined Southwark’s Cabinet in 2018, taking on the jobs, skills and innovation portfolio, and has served as Cabinet Member for Housing and Modernisation since 2019.
Leader and Cabinet Member portfolios
- Cllr Kieron Williams, Leader of the Council
- Cllr Jasmine Ali, Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for Children, Young People & Education
- Cllr Evelyn Akoto, Cabinet Member for Public Health & Community Safety
- Cllr Stephanie Cryan, Cabinet Member for Council Housing
- Cllr Helen Dennis, Cabinet Member for Social Support & Homelessness
- Cllr Rebecca Lury, Cabinet Member for Finance, Business & Jobs
- Cllr Alice Macdonald, Cabinet Member for Communities, Equalities & Neighbourhoods
- Cllr Catherine Rose, Cabinet Member for Leisure, Environment & Roads
- Cllr Johnson Situ, Cabinet Member for Climate Emergency, Planning & Transport
- Cllr Radha Burgess, Deputy Cabinet Member for Low Traffic Southwark
Details of the Leader and Cabinet’s areas of responsibility are outlined in the following sections.
Page last updated: 25 February 2021