Planning advice services
Pre-application advice service
We recommend using our pre-application advice service so that you can:
- discuss your planned works with a planning officer before you make a planning application
- get expert advice on what you can develop
- spend less time and money preparing your planning application
- reduce your risk of being refused planning permission by fixing any issues early on in the design process
- avoid having to make changes to your planning application after you've submitted it
Free planning advice for domestic renewable energy projects
We provide a free pre-application planning advice service for domestic renewable energy, heat and retrofit projects. This is so we can support our residents’ transition to low and zero carbon technologies that heat, power and insulate their homes.
This service is available to:
- Homeowners including owners of flats and houses
- ‘Not for profit’ community energy organisations
You can receive planning advice on renewable and retrofitting projects including solar panels, heat pumps, and external insulation.
Page last updated: 30 May 2023