Evidence base documents inform and support our planning policies and guidance. They are categorised by policy area and are generally structured in the following sequence within each section:
- Evidence related to that policy area in general
- Evidence related to specific topics within the policy area – this includes area-specific evidence
- Area-specific evidence that cannot be grouped under specific topics (if any)
- Background papers and hearing statements (if any)
- Wider council plans and strategies (if any)
Some documents are named with a reference number in the format of ‘EIPXXX’, ‘SPXXX’ or ‘MX.00’. Those are reference numbers used when the Southwark Plan (2022) was examined in public, and are retained for the purposed of cross-referencing.