Apply for a Lawful Development Certificate
You can use this service to confirm that changes you have made or want to make to a property do not need planning permission. Before using the service, you can find out more about Lawful Development Certificates.
You will be able to save and return to your application at any time.
Before you start
You will need:
- a desktop or laptop computer. The service doesn’t work fully on mobile devices or tablets yet. Do not use a shared computer
- plans and drawings to support your application in PDF, JPG or PNG format. You will be prompted for documents as you go
- a credit or debit card to pay any planning fees
Things to note
Some projects are not included in this service yet.
- large scale projects
- applications relating to a planning condition
- applications on properties without a postcode or address
- dropped kerbs
- applications affecting multiple properties
- some mixed use projects (such as a conversion from one purpose into several new purposes)
If you are unsure, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only you will be able to see your application. At the moment, you cannot give access to a third party, for example inviting someone to complete the application or pay the fee.
Share your feedback
This service is in development, so you may encounter bugs and issues. We really appreciate your time and any feedback you give us as it will help us to improve the service.
We welcome all feedback - positive and negative. Use the feedback button ( found at the top and bottom of each page) to record comments or report issues as you go along.
After you have sent your application we will invite you to complete a short survey sharing your thoughts. You may also be invited to participate in a short research interview, if you can spare the time.
For more information, contact us at email@example.com
Page last updated: 12 August 2022