Global IT issues affecting online systems

We are currently impacted by the global IT issues. As a result, a number of our online systems are affected. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Apply for planning permission

Getting your decision

We will let you know when we have made a decision about your planning application. This will usually be in the form of a decision notice which we will send to you by email. The decision notice will say whether we've granted or refused your application,

These are the four main decisions that we can make about your application:

You might see a code on your decision notice (for example, PER, REF, PEOBL). We explain what these common codes mean on the planning application types and fees page and you can find less common codes in the planning glossary.

You can also look at our planning FAQs page for commonly asked questions about what happens after you get your decision.

Planning conditions

Your decision might be affected by planning conditions. These are rules that you need to follow as part of your planning permission. Conditions will be listed in your decision notice. 

You can find out more about conditions on these websites: 

You can find a list of application types that can have conditions on our planning application types and fees page.  

How do I remove, amend, or approve details of a planning condition?

If you want to remove, change or get approval for a planning condition, you should submit:

  • an application for approval of details reserved by condition, or
  • an application for removal or variation of a condition

You can do this by:

Section 106 agreements and planning obligations

For very large developments, the developer has to sign a Section 106 agreement. This is a legal agreement with the council. The developer agrees to planning obligations, which are similar to planning conditions. These planning obligations are used to try to reduce any negative impacts from the development. You can apply to modify or discharge a Section 106 legal agreement. 

Most new development which creates gross additional floor space of 100sqm or more, or creates a new dwelling, is potentially liable for the Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL). You must submit relevant forms to within the required timeframes to comply with the CIL collection process and exemption/relief claim procedure (if applicable).

View our guidance on Section 106 agreements.

Page last updated: 21 November 2023


Privacy settings