Improvements to our website

We have made changes to our website to improve the way it looks and to give residents a better experience. You can find out more about this update here. 

Problems paying your rent

If you've been affected by the COVID-19 outbreak and can't pay your rent, please use the button below to contact us and we'll contact you to discuss how we can help, or call us on 020 7525 1317.

Council tenants - Tell us about the impact COVID-19 has had on your rent payments

If you're having problems applying for benefits you can refer yourself to our Local Support Team.

If you are having short term financial problems, you can apply for emergency support.

If you’re on a low income, you may be entitled to Housing Benefit, Universal Credit or a Discretionary Housing Payment to help you with your rent payments. 

London Mutual Credit Union offer a range of affordable financial products such as loans to Southwark residents.

You can also get free advice on managing your debt from Step Change, or Citizens Advice

Please use the button below to contact us if you've not been affected by the COVID-19 outbreak and you’re having problems paying your rent or if:

  • you’ve received a letter about your rent arrears
  • you’ve received a Notice of Seeking Possession, Notice to Quit or Notice to Terminate
  • we’ve started either legal proceedings or eviction action.

Contact us now

We know these are difficult times for many residents and we want to help. If you're worried about debts or have missed payments, there is free, confidential and independent debt advice available. Money Helper can direct you to a debt adviser straight away.

Page last updated: 06 July 2022


Privacy settings