Problems paying your rent

Please contact us straight away if you're having problems paying your rent. We may come to an arrangement that you can afford. Please don't ignore notices we send you as it'll only make matters worse. 

Contact us now

If you’re on a low income, you may be entitled to Housing Benefit, Universal Credit or a Discretionary Housing Payment to help you with your rent payments. 

London Mutual Credit Union offer a range of affordable financial products such as loans to Southwark residents.

You can also get free advice on managing your debt from Step Change, or Citizens Advice

Please contact us if:

  • you’ve received a letter about your rent arrears
  • you’ve received a Notice of Seeking Possession, Notice to Quit or Notice to Terminate
  • we’ve started either legal proceedings or eviction action

Page last updated: 30 August 2018