Garden waste collection subscriptions
From 1 June 2019, we'll provide garden waste collections as an optional service to properties with gardens for a small charge. The charge is £25 per garden waste bin collected for the period from June 2019 until 31 March 2020 with a weekly collection service. If you use a brown garden waste bin now, we'll only continue to provide a collection service for garden waste after June if you pay the subscription fee.
You can't use your garden waste bin for any food waste after June, but you'll still receive a free separate collection of food waste if you have the organic waste collection service now.
You can use your garden waste bin for:
- grass cuttings, leaves, flowers
- plants, twigs and branches (no more than 10cm diameter)
You can’t use your garden waste bin for:
- food waste
- fencing or other waste wood
- soil, rubble, stones or gravel
- non compostable materials, including plastic bags, flower pots or trays
If your home has a garden, you'll be eligible for the new service.
Page last updated: 11 June 2019