Bulky waste collections
If you're a Southwark resident, we can collect large household items from your home. This includes items such as old furniture, fridges and other large household items that cannot be placed in normal household waste bins.
We charge £35 for collecting up to 10 items. There are no concessions available for this service.
You must pay by credit or debit card during the online booking process. You must select the items you wish to be collected as part of your booking.
The service does not include:
- industrial waste such as car parts, or waste from any business
- construction waste, rubble, soil, tiles, concrete or similar materials
- any item over 2 metres in size, or which is too heavy to be safely lifted or transported
- hazardous wastes (chemicals, asbestos, etc) or waste that cannot be safely handled and transported (for example, because of sharp edges or protruding nails)
Only listed bulky items can be collected - a maximum of 10 items.
You must present your items outside your home.
Items must be left at ground floor level for collection - not on landings, balconies or basements.
Items must be accessible and visible so our crew can find and access them - not in back gardens, bin stores, garages, behind security gates or similar.
If you don't comply with the service requirements, we can't collect your waste items. If you have questions about the service or want to know what items can be collected, email email@example.com.
All collections are contactless - we cannot arrange in advance to meet you to collect your items
Check what we can collect
Please check the list of items we can collect before making a booking.
You can only request that we collect bulky waste from your household. We don’t provide this service for:
- households outside of Southwark
- landlords and property managers
- collection of hazardous waste
What happens after you make your booking
Once you've completed your online booking and payment:
- we'll send you a confirmation email with your collection date and reference number
- we'll arrange the collection on your chosen day
- you will have to leave the items at the agreed location by 6am on the collection date
- on the day, we'll collect the items specified in your booking
Make changes or cancel your booking
You can’t make changes to your bulky waste collection request (for example, alter the number of items) after the booking is confirmed. You can cancel the booking at any time but the fee is non-refundable. This is because vehicles and crews are allocated to each collection at the time of booking and there is a cost to the council.
If your bulky waste hasn't been collected
If your bulky waste collection was missed, you can use the form below to let us know. Please be advised that collections are between 6am and 4pm.
Don’t dump your waste!
Report dumped waste online now to make sure it's cleared and investigated quickly.
Other ways to dispose of your waste
- find out about waste and recycling for businesses
- dispose of hazardous waste such as asbestos or chemicals
- if you’re a Southwark resident you can also:
- take items to the reuse and recycling centre
Page last updated: 08 November 2023