Decision-making in the plan-making process
Who decides whether to adopt planning policy documents?
There are 3 ways that decisions can be made on whether to adopt planning policy documents.
- Council Assembly
- approves budget and policy frameworks
- decides whether the Local Plan is ready to be submitted for Examination
- decides when to adopt a plan
- decides on resources and priorities
- decides on how to deliver and implement the approved budget and policy frameworks
- agrees consultation on the council’s policy frameworks, key strategic documents and decisions
Individual cabinet members
- decide on matters that fall within their responsibility
- all key decisions taken by individual cabinet members are listed on the Forward Plan
Page last updated: 21 November 2023