Find a library
Southwark Heritage Centre and Walworth Library
145-147 Walworth Road
How to get there
Bus: 12, 35, 40. 45, 68, 136, 148, 171, 176, 343, 468, P5
Tube: Elephant and Castle
Train: Elephant and Castle
- Monday 10am to 8pm
- Tuesday 10am to 8pm
- Wednesday 10am to 8pm
- Thursday 10am to 8pm
- Friday 10am to 8pm
- Saturday 10am to 5pm
- Sunday 12pm to 4pm
For children and young people:
- Homework Help club (ages 6 to 11) - every Tuesday during term time, 4pm to 5pm
- Rhymetime (ages 0 to 4) - every Wednesday, 10.30am to 11.30am
- Chatterbooks (ages 7 to 11) - last Wednesday of every month during term time, 4pm to 5pm
- Baby and toddlers session (ages 0 to 4) - every Friday during term time, 2.15pm to 3pm
- Saturday crafts (ages 5+) - every Saturday, 11am to 12pm.
- Heritage and book group - last Monday of every month, 6.45pm to 8pm
Contact Stefano Battaglia for more details
- Bringing Books to Life: modern classic read aloud - last Friday the month, 5.30pm to 6.15pm
Contact Stefano Battaglia for more details.
What else is on offer
- Southwark heritage centre - Explore the world through permanent displays of artefacts from the council’s heritage collections and a programme of temporary exhibitions.
- Books, talking books and DVDs to borrow - Search the catalogue and place reservations for collection
- eLibrary - including eBooks and eAudiobooks, film streaming and online resources for topics from family history, to citizenship and driving theory tests
- Newspapers and magazines to read in the library or online
- Borrow a tablet for use in the library
- Study spaces - 30 spaces available for adults
- Public PCs and wifi - 10 PCs available for public use. You'll need your library card number to access these services
- Printing, photocopying and scanning facilities
- Meeting rooms for hire
- Events - for special events see the online What's On diary or ask in the library
- Home Library Service - for those unable to access the library in person.
- flat access to the library
- lift access to all floors
- disabled access toilet
- computers offer access to Dolphin Supernova software (allows screen magnification and audio assistance for visually impaired).
Page last updated: 30 November 2022