General advice and help
Steps to follow to get consent
To get building control consent for your project follow these steps:
- Complete and sign the applicable application form.
- Provide a copy of an ordnance survey map, outlining the property where the works are to be carried out.
- Provide two copies of the plan showing the existing layout, if applicable, of your building works.
- Provide two copies of the plan, providing details, specifications and elevations of the proposed work you wish to carry out to your building or structure.
- Provide engineering calculations that relate to the proposed building works if applicable.
- Drop in or post everything to Southwark building control at the address on this page.
- Alternatively, email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org. If sending by email, please note that the maximum attachment file size is 10Mb. If you have files larger than this either send as a 'winzip' file or in multiple emails.
- Attach the application fee or payments can be taken by calling 020 7525 5397 or 020 7525 5582 if you're sending the application by email.
Page last updated: 24 January 2019