A guide to searching for death and burial records in Southwark
Useful links and publications
Southwark Archives and Southwark Libraries hold a number of books and pamphlets on cemeteries and burials in the London Borough of Southwark. Here is a sample:
- Greater London Cemeteries and Crematoria compiled by Patricia S. Wolfson revised by Cliff Webb (Society of Genealogists, 1982, Reprinted 2005).
- Southwark Cemeteries and Crematorium, a report by the Southwark Regeneration department, 1999.
- Burial Places in Southwark: a Guide to Burial Grounds in The London Borough of Southwark Past and present by Ron Woollacott, 2012
- London Cemeteries: an Illustrated Guide and Gazetter by Hugh Meller, 2011.
- A Romano-British Cemetery on Watling Street: excavations at 165 Great Dover Street, Southwark, London by Anthony Mackinder, 2000.
The Cremation Society provide statistical research which is used by the public, government organisations, funeral directors and others associated with funerals.
The Government have produced a step-by-step guide on what to do when someone dies.
Page last updated: 25 October 2022