Repairs rights and responsibilities

Contents insurance and building insurance

It's your responsibility to take out contents insurance for your possessions by choosing an insurance provider. We have teamed up with a specialist provider to offer council tenants and leaseholders contents insurance at very competitive rates. The policy covers theft, fire, water damage and other household risks from as little as 15 pence a day, no matter where you live in the borough. It also offers flexible pay-as-you-go options with no excess. You can read more information on the contents insurance policy.

In most cases, council leaseholders are required to have buildings insurance to assist with the cost of repairs as a condition of their lease. 

Page last updated: 24 August 2022


Privacy settings