Buildings insurance

If you’re a leaseholder we’re usually responsible for arranging your buildings insurance, covering the structure and communal parts of the building. If you pay for buildings insurance in your service charges then you'll be covered under this policy.

Make an enquiry about building insurance

Make a property claim

You'll be contacted by Zurich within five working days of submitting a claim.

What's covered

The policy includes cover for the structure and communal parts of the building for damage caused by:

  • fire, explosion lightning or earthquake
  • smoke
  • riot, civil commotion, strikes, labour or political disturbances
  • malicious damage
  • collision by aircraft, other aerial devices, any vehicle (or articles dropped from them) or animal
  • storm or flood
  • escape of water from any fixed tank, fish-tank, pipe or appliance and damage caused to such by bursting or freezing
  • falling trees or branches (and removing any fallen trees or branches which cause damage to the buildings) or telegraph poles or lampposts
  • theft or attempted theft
  • subsidence or ground heave of the site on which the buildings stand, or landslip
  • leakage of oil from any fixed oil-fires installation, including smoke and/or smudge damage arising from defective vaporisation
  • breakage or collapse of television or radio signal receiving apparatus

You’re not covered for day to day maintenance or repairs that are caused by wear and tear.

 Download the full insurance policy booklet (pdf, 427kb)

If you can’t live in your property due to damage covered under the policy, contact us.

During office hours: contact the insurance officer on 020 7525 7660.

Outside office hours: contact Zurich on their emergency number: 0800 923 4200.

If you need to report a repair to the communal areas, email the housing repairs team or call on 0800 952 4444.

.Get a copy of the insurance certificate

If you just need the details of the policy they are:

  • insurer: Zurich Municipal
  • policy number: 10/006460/05500376
  • start date: 1 April 2018
  • end date: 1 April 2023
  • sum insured: £350,000

Contents insurance

Your service charges don’t provide cover for your contents, so we strongly advise you to get contents insurance.

We provide a home contents insurance scheme (pdf, 221kb), on a new for old basis, which has been specially designed for tenants and leaseholders.

We’re not responsible for loss or damage to your belongings, including that caused by other residents

Page last updated: 19 May 2022

Privacy settings