I want to buy an ex-council property

If you’re thinking about buying a property you’ll probably want information about service charges, ground rent, section 20 consultation and major works. We have a standard pack of pre-assignment information about ex-council properties, which includes any major works planned for the block or estate and section 20 information.

Who asks the council for this information

Ask the seller or their solicitor to request the information now. The pack contains information covered under data protection and is therefore sent to the seller or their solicitor to complete the Law Society LPE1 form.

What major works are planned

The council has a programme of planned major works to its blocks and estate which you can view online.

Page last updated: 19 February 2020


Privacy settings