About Southwark Presents
Editorial policy for event submissions
- Events submitted through this website are not automatically included in our events calendar. Southwark Council reserves the right to exclude any event at its discretion. Listing of an event does not constitute an endorsement from the council.
- Events should be cultural or sporting. They can be ticketed or free. Examples of events that would be included are:
- an exhibition for a limited period of time a free day-long festival
- a charity fun run around a park
- a ticketed theatre performance with a limited run
- a choir performance
- some sports workshop sessions running over a limited period of time
- a charity football match
- a children’s nature walk
- a special book signing or talk
- We are unlikely to include on-going regular activities. Examples of events that are not likely to be included are:
- a book club running every Thursday evening
- a regularly meeting rambling club
- a permanent exhibition in a gallery
- regular football coaching sessions
- swimming classes
- regular drama classes for young people
- weekly yoga classes
- Inclusion of an event does not indicate approval of any license, permission or other authorisation that may be required for your event to take place. Organisers are recommended to visit our planning an event pages for guidance on permissions which may be required.
- Listings should be supplied at least 14 days before the date of the event.
- All submissions we receive are moderated and may be edited before being published.
How we use your data - Southwark Council will use your personal data (name, email address and telephone number) to administer the What’s On Diary. We will publish the email address that you submit under ‘About the event’ along with the event details. We would only use the email address and telephone number that you provide under the ‘About you’ section if we needed to contact you to clarify the details. Your personal information will be reviewed or destroyed after 2 months.
If you are concerned about how the council is using your data, please contact our Data Protection Officer via email@example.com or on 020 7525 5000. More information about your rights is available on our website, or via the Information Commissioner website.
- Return to submission pages
Page last updated: 22 February 2019