About Southwark Presents
Editorial policy for event submissions
- Events submitted through this website are for inclusion in the Southwark Presents What’s On Diary. If you select ‘For young people’ as a category for your event, it will also be listed on our dedicated youth services website, Onehub Southwark.
- Events are not automatically included on these websites. They will be moderated and may be edited. Southwark Council reserves the right to exclude any event at its discretion.
- Southwark Council reserves the right to exclude any event at its discretion. Listing of an event does not constitute an endorsement from the council.
Events should be cultural or sporting and taking place in the London Borough of Southwark on a specific date. They can be ticketed or free. Examples of events that would be included are:
- a temporary exhibition
- a festival
- a charity fun run around a park
- a theatre performance with a limited run
- a choir performance
- a short series of sports workshops
- a children’s nature walk
- a book signing or talk
- Ongoing activities for young people can remain on Onehub Southwark for an extended period. The maximum length of listings on the main Southwark Presents What’s On Diary is 3 months.
- Listing of an event does not constitute an endorsement from the council. It does not indicate approval of any license, permission or other authorisation for your event to take place. Visit our planning an event pages for guidance on these.
- To increase the reach of your listing, you should aim to submit it at least 14 days before the event.
- How we use your data: Southwark Council will use your personal data (name, email address and telephone number) to administer the Southwark Presents What’s On Diary. We will publish the email address that you submit under ‘About the event’ along with the event details. We only use the email address and telephone number that you provide under the ‘About you’ section if we need to contact you to clarify the details. Your personal information will be reviewed or destroyed after 2 months. If you are concerned about how the council is using your data, please contact our Data Protection Officer via email@example.com or on 020 7525 5000. More information about your rights is available on our website, or via the Information Commissioner website.
Page last updated: 06 February 2023