Adult social care complaints and compliments

Usually, the best people to fix your problem will be the team who provided you with the service. Before making a complaint, talk to them about what has gone wrong as they may be able to fix the issue quickly. You can also ask the complaints Team to do this for you - we call this a ‘representation’.

However, if that hasn't been successful or you feel a formal complaint is more appropriate, the complaints team will:

  • give you information about the complaints process and support you to make a complaint, or
  • give you information about others who might be able to help
  • keep you up to date as the investigation progresses, and talk to you about timescales

You can make a complaint the following ways:

Anything you tell us will only be shared with those who need to be told, to get to the bottom of things and put them right.

Mailing address

PO Box 64529
160 Tooley Street

We encourage you to phone us on 020 7525 3977. In all cases, it's helpful if you consider and tell us what result you'd like. Please include the names of relevant officers and teams if you have them, and any dates or approximate dates.

Before you do, read the important information in the next chapter more about your complaint.

Page last updated: 10 October 2023


Privacy settings