Global IT issues affecting online forms and systems

We are currently impacted by the global IT issues. As a result, a number of systems are affected including the majority of our online forms. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Child employment

Child performance licence exemption

Some child performances may be exempt from needing a licence. 

You can apply for an exemption from a child performance licence if the performance runs for four days and the following applies:

  • no payment is made to the child or another person for their performance, other than to cover expenses
  • no absence from school is required
  • the child will not have performed for more than four days in the last six months, including the dates of your performance
  • the performance is being organised by the child’s school

If the above is not true of your performance, you will need to apply for a child performance licence (link to be added to child performance licence) or apply for a Body of Person Approval (BOPA) licence if they meet the BOPA criteria.

Apply for a child performance licence exemption

Please submit your exemption application at least 21 days before the start of the performance or activity. If it's found the a child does need a licence once the exemption has been submitted, we cannot guarantee the processing of this in time for your performance.

Page last updated: 28 February 2023


Privacy settings