Adoption services in Southwark
Adoption Services for residents living in the London Borough of Southwark are now delivered by Adopt London South, a regionalised adoption agency formed in 2020 as part of the government’s plans to improve adoption services for children and families.
Adopt London South represents the London Boroughs of Croydon, Greenwich, Kingston, Lambeth, Lewisham, Merton, Richmond, Southwark, Sutton and Wandsworth.
We offer a specialist adoption service for prospective adopters, families affected by adoption, and those wishing to learn more about their adoption history now that they are an adult.
If you are:
- thinking about adopting, email adoptionALS@southwark.gov.uk or call 020 7525 1746 and we'll send you information about the children waiting, the adoption process and information about our events to get you started
- an adopted adult and would like support with accessing your records email adoptedadultsALS@southwark.gov.uk or call 020 7525 4491
- a birth relative and would like support with contact or letterbox email letterbox_enquiriesALS@southwark.gov.uk or call 020 7525 1376
- an approved adoptive family living in Southwark or an adopter from another part of the country who adopted a Southwark child and needs support, email postadoptionsupportALS@southwark.gov.uk or call 020 752 4491
- a Social Work Professional, email enquiriesALS@southwark.gov.uk or visit our website Adopt London
Page last updated: 12 July 2023