Support for High Streets
The High Street Recovery Fund - now open
Do you have a great idea that will help our high streets and town centres thrive? If so, then come and take part in The High Street Recovery Fund.
Southwark Council have launched the fund in response to the COVID-19 crisis and we're looking for inspirational ideas, brought to life through projects located in one of the borough’s high streets or town centres, and designed to help shops and businesses to grow and thrive once again.
The COVID-19 crisis has had a significant impact on our town centres and high streets, exacerbating pre-existing problems and creating new challenges. The council has therefore made their protection and development a priority.
The aim of the fund is to attract more people back to Southwark’s high streets and town centres and to increase the amount spent in the area. All projects need to make a positive contribution to help local small and medium-sized enterprises (SME’s) thrive and make our high streets more inclusive, particularly for low income and Black, Asian and minority ethnic communities. We're inviting applications for funding for projects under six new themes:
- healthy and safe high streets
- cultural and community events
- vibrant, resilient and connected high streets
- an inclusive, greener local economy
- sustainable, accessible places
- Southwark Stands Together
Who can apply
The fund is open to a wide variety of organisations and we welcome partnerships that bring together diverse skills and expertise. We want to hear from you if you are a:
- business network
- group from the arts, or creative sectors
- educational establishments such as a school, college, or university
- voluntary sector, community or resident group
- individual business (if representative and supported by other local businesses)
How to get started
- to find out more read the recovery fund prospectus (pdf, 3.5mb)
- complete the application form in line with the requirements of the prospectus and using the guidance sheet for support (pdf, 93kb)
- we select the best entries against the fund criteria
- we will help you turn the winning ideas into reality
- you help us to shape things to come on Southwark's high streets and in our town centres
Apply for the High Street Recovery Fund (docx, 151kb)
If you have any questions, email us.
Page last updated: 27 July 2021