Support for High Streets
Thriving High Streets Fund
The Thriving High Streets Fund supports projects to keep our high streets thriving, with grants from £1,000 to £25,000 for businesses and voluntary sector groups.
What the Thriving High Street Fund is for
We’ve launched the fund to help high streets adapt to a range of challenging economic factors. The aim is they will become thriving, adaptable spaces that are fit for the future. We’re looking for inspirational ideas, brought to life through projects in the borough’s high streets or town centres, and designed to help shops and businesses to grow and thrive once again.
We want projects to attract more people to Southwark’s high streets and town centres, and to increase the amount of money spent in the area.
All projects need to:
• make a positive contribution to help local small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) thrive
• make our high streets more inclusive, particularly for low income and Black, Asian and minority ethnic communities.
We're looking for funding applications for projects under four themes:
• A greener Southwark
• Cost of living crisis
• Healthy and safe high streets
• Southwark Stands Together
Why we launched the Thriving High Streets Fund
Brexit, the cost of living crisis, and the impact of COVID-19 have had a significant impact on our town centres and high streets. They have made pre-existing problems worse, creating new challenges. So we’ve made the protection and development of high streets a priority.
Who can apply to the Fund
We are particularly looking for partnership that bring together diverse skills and expertise.
You can apply if you’re based in Southwark and:
• a business network
• a group from the arts or creative sectors
• an educational establishment such as a school, college or university
• a voluntary sector, community or resident group
• an individual business (if representative and supported by other local businesses)
How much money you can apply for
You can apply for between £1,000 and £25,000. However, applications over £25,000 may be considered under special circumstances.
How to apply for the Thriving High Streets Fund
To apply, download and read the following documents:
• Thriving High Streets Fund prospectus (PDF, 7.6mb)
• The do’s and don’ts document for applying to the Thriving High Streets Fund (PDF, 495kb)
• Thriving High Streets Fund application form (docx, 81kb)
Email your application form and supporting information to SouthwarkBusinessDesk@southwark.gov.uk by 11:59pm on 14 May 2023.
Page last updated: 12 April 2023