Elephant and Castle
We're leading a 15 year, £4bn regeneration programme in Elephant and Castle.
The programme began in 2010 and when complete it will have delivered:
- at least 5,000 new and replacement homes
- a new, pedestrianised town centre
- vastly improved transport infrastructure, including a new ticket hall for the Northern line tube station
- up to 450,000 square feet of new retail space and a £20m new leisure centre
- a greener environment with better parks and more open spaces
- 10,000 new jobs as well as thousands of training opportunities
- an enriched cultural scene including art, theatre, leisure and heritage
The Elephant and Castle Partnership website explains what’s happening in the area and includes regular updates on progress. It also has an interactive map that shows all the regeneration projects in the neighbourhood
For background to the project see the 2012 Supplementary Planning document for Elephant and Castle.
Page last updated: 15 October 2020