Get election ready

The UK General Election is on 4 July. 
Register to vote by 18 June.
If you need to vote by post, you must apply to do this by 5pm on 19 June.
You need valid photo ID to vote in person. If you don’t have valid ID, apply by 5pm on 26 June for a Voter Authority Certificate.  
Find out more about voting and elections in Southwark

Applications and charges

Regularisation application

Any building work carried out after 11 November 1985 without having building control consent, is considered unauthorised. Building control consent for these works can still be applied for through a process called regularisation.

After completing and sending in your regularisation application form, we will contact you to arrange for a Building Control officer to inspect the property. The Building Control officer will let you know if anything needs to be done for a regularisation certificate to be issued.

It's important to note that sometimes it may be necessary that the applicant opens up and exposes parts of the work in order to prove compliance with the building regulations.

Apply on the Planning Portal

Page last updated: 21 December 2022


Privacy settings