In line with updated guidance from the national government, Nunhead Cemetery is open to the public daily. Opening times are:
- 8:30am to 7pm Monday to Saturday
- 10am to 7pm on Sundays and bank holidays.
Cemetery closure for funerals
The cemetery will be closed when funerals are taking place to help make the area safer for grieving family and friends, at an incredibly difficult time. Please note that some closures for funerals may be at short notice; we appreciate your patience and understanding.
Guidance for visitors
In line with government guidance, we are opening cemeteries in Southwark to allow those who have lost loved ones the opportunity to pay their respects by following this guidance:
- Stay on the paths and not on lawns unless attending to a grave; do not enter into wooded areas.
- Please keep all dogs on leads to assist with social distancing.
- Picnics, BBQs, alcohol and parties are prohibited.
- We request that all visitors consider that our cemeteries are places of reflection, remembrance and final resting and to ensure their behaviour or activities within our cemeteries are respectful.
- Staff are focusing on maintaining a safe, quiet and respectful environment for grieving families during these difficult times. Abuse of our staff will not be tolerated
- It is an offence for any person to conduct the following in cemeteries:
Willingly create any disturbance or commit any nuisance, interfere with a burial taking place, interfere with any memorial or memorabilia placed on a grave or play any game or sporting activity.
The Bereavements Services offices located in Camberwell New Cemetery remain open for current funeral enquires only via the kiosk service, all other enquiries are via email: email@example.com
Blue Badge visitors with vehicle access is by appointment only.
The number of attendees to a funeral is currently limited to 30 this is in line with neighbouring authorities and government guidance to maintain social distancing measures.
Page last updated: 12 April 2021