Camberwell New Cemetery
Camberwell New Cemetery & Honor Oak Crematorium is open to the public 365 days a year.
The gates open:
- Monday-Saturday at 8am
- Sunday and Bank Holidays at 10am
Closing times vary throughout the year. View the monthly closing times below:
- January - 5pm
- February - 6pm
- March (GMT*) - 6.30pm
- March (BST*) - 8pm
- April - 8.30pm
- May - 9pm
- June - 9.30pm
- July - 9.30pm
- August - 9pm
- September - 8pm
- October (GMT*) - 5pm
- October (BST*) - 7pm
- November - 5pm
- December - 4.30pm
- Christmas Day and New Year’s Day - 2pm
*GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) - times stated are valid until the clocks go forward one hour in March and from when the clocks go back one hour in October.
*BST (British Summer Time) - times stated are valid from when the clocks go forward one hour in March and until the clocks go back one hour in October.
Access to the cemetery and crematorium will be provided by controlled access via the Brenchely Gardens and Brockley Way main gates only.
Guidance for visitors
Please respect the cemeteries and crematorium grounds as places of reflection by following this guidance:
- stay on the paths and not on lawns unless attending to a grave; do not enter into wooded areas
- please keep dogs on leads within our cemetery and crematorium grounds, in line with the public space protection order in operation
- picnics, BBQs, alcohol and parties are prohibited
- we request that all visitors consider that our cemeteries are places of reflection, remembrance and final resting and to ensure their behaviour or activities within our cemeteries are respectful
- staff are focusing on maintaining a safe, quiet and respectful environment for grieving families; abuse of our staff will not be tolerated
It's an offence for any person to conduct the following in cemeteries: willingly create any disturbance or commit any nuisance, interfere with a burial taking place, interfere with any memorial or memorabilia placed on a grave or play any game or sporting activity.
The Bereavements Services offices located in Camberwell New Cemetery remain open for service enquires via the kiosk service. All other enquiries can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We politely request that visitors follow current COVID-19 guidance in place at the time of their visit.
Page last updated: 31 October 2022