You can find out about Belair Park activities (pdf, 611kb) here.
Belair Park's gates open daily at 7.30am. Closing times vary throughout the year, so please see our opening times page for more information.
Gallery Road, SE21
Entrance - Gallery Road and Thurlow Park Road
How to get there
Car - parking at the Gallery Road entrance
Rail - West Dulwich
Bus - P4
Facilities and features
- cafe - Belair House is an upmarket restaurant on Gallery Road, London, SE21 7AB
- children's playground (ages 2 to 10 years)
- lake - located in the centre of the park
- gardens - conservation area located next to the lake in front of Belair House
- tennis courts - 4 courts, free of charge and no booking required
- football pitch - booking required (fees and charges apply)
- cricket pitch - booking required (fees and charges apply)
- skate park
History of the park
Belair House was built in 1785 in the style of, or possibly by, the architect Robert Adam. Its grounds included an artificial lake made by damming the River Effra. The landscape is Grade II listed, and listed structures in the park include the park lodge and entrance gate. In 1965, Belair became a public park when the London Borough of Southwark was formed.
Page last updated: 16 August 2019