Southwark’s adventure playgrounds are supervised by experienced and trained staff with facilities that cater primarily for children and young people of school age and ability. With a strong emphasis on free play, children and young people are encouraged to develop their ideas and choose their own activities. All playgrounds are free to use, registered and inspected annually.
You can find out about activities in your area by clicking on the name of the adventure playgrounds.
Coming soon: Adventure playgrounds revitalised!
- Ellen Brown adventure playground in Bermondsey will receive brand new outdoor play equipment
- Peckham Rye Park adventure playground will receive new outdoor play equipment and building improvements
- Bethwin adventure playground in Camberwell is an independently run service, currently open for summer programme; new outdoor play equipment to enhance the existing playground will be delivered
- Dog Kennel Hill Adventure Playground is an independently run service currently open for summer programme; a refreshed playground and improved building is to come
- Fredericks adventure playground in Newington Ward is currently closed; the programme will deliver a complete refurbishment of the playground to provide a brand new recreational space
Page last updated: 23 June 2022