South East Bermondsey parking study consultation
Proposed parking zone
During August and September 2019 we carried out a study on the possible introduction of a parking zone in a network of streets in the South East Bermondsey area.
The consultation commenced on Saturday 31 August 2019 and closed Sunday 22 September 2019.
All postal addresses within the study area received the following:
- a letter with a link to the consultation document and the feasibility drawing available online
- a copy of the questionnaire
- a self-addressed envelope
The letter, consultation document and feasibility drawing are available to view. An online questionnaire was also available for those that wanted to fill it in online.
Banners were displayed on railings at four locations to advertise the online consultation. A meeting with businesses was held 20 August 2019 and officers presented the proposed parking zone and discussed concerns with residents at a well-attended ward forum 14 September 2019.
We have a thorough process to follow when deciding whether to implement a new parking zone. The key, past and future processes are summarised as follows:
- January and February 2019 - consultation methods and boundaries agreed by the Cabinet Member for Environment, Transport and the Climate Emergency
- August and September 2019 - informal consultation and presentation at South Bermondsey ward forum
- Autumn 2019 - draft consultation findings and recommendations reported to ward councillors
- Winter 2019/20 - decision making
- February/March 2020 - statutory consultation (if you'd like to be notified when statutory consultation commences, email email@example.com)
- 2 July 2020 - cabinet member decision
- 13 July 2020 - commence implementation
- 20 July 2020 - permits available online
- 17 August 2020 - go live date
Officers recommend the implementation of a parking zone across the entire consultation area. A majority of those who responded stated that they wanted a parking zone implemented and for this to operate all day. It's recommended that the zone operates Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 6.30pm.
The Moderngov website contains the consultation report containing a detailed breakdown of the consultation results, officer recommendations and the design.
The statutory consultation period ran from 19 March to 9 April 2020. An objection report was then prepared and submitted to the Cabinet Member for a decision in June 2020. Officers recommended that the scheme is implemented with no changes to the design.
The Cabinet Member gave a decision to proceed with implementation on 2 July 2020 subject to a seven day call-in period. No call-ins were received during this time so implementation will commence on 13 July 2020.
A notification letter (PDF, 239kb) was sent to those affected on 13 July providing a background of the scheme, key dates for implementation and instructions on purchasing a permit.
If you have any further questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Page last updated: 10 July 2020