Find a library
East Street Library
168 - 170 Old Kent Road
How to get there
Bus: 21, 42, 53, 63, 172, 453
- Monday 2pm to 7pm
- Tuesday 2pm to 7pm
- Wednesday Closed
- Thursday 10am to 3pm
- Friday 2pm to 7pm
- Saturday 10am to 5pm
- Sunday closed
For children and young people:
- Baby and Toddler session (ages 0 to 4) - every Thursday, 1.30pm to 2.15pm
- Teen study space (for local students aged 11 to 16) - every Friday, 3:30 to 6:30pm.
- Getting started with computers, email and the internet - every Thursday, 11am to 1pm.
What is on offer
- Books, talking books and DVDs to borrow - Search the catalogue and place reservations for collection
- eLibrary - including eBooks and eAudiobooks, film streaming and online resources for topics from family history, to citizenship and driving theory tests
- Newspapers and magazines to read in the library or online
- Study spaces - 8 spaces available for adults
- Public PCs and wifi - 6 PCs available for public use. You'll need your library card number to access these services
- Printing, photocopying and scanning facilities
- Meeting rooms for hire
- Events - for special events see the online What's On diary or ask in the library
- Home Library Service - for those unable to access the library in person.
- flat access to the library
- two disabled parking spaces directly outside the library on Eynella Road
- computers offer Dolphin Supernova software (allows screen magnification and audio assistance for visually impaired).
Page last updated: 30 May 2023