Adaptations to your home
If you are struggling, or finding it difficult to get into and around your home, we may be able to help by fitting adaptations.
This may be something major like a stairlift or a level access shower, or something minor like a handrail or more accessible taps.
We may be able to assist you if you:
- are over 60
- have a disability
- live with someone who has a disability
- look after a child with a disability
Major adaptations may include:
- ramps to allow wheelchair access to your property
- level or low-access showers if you cannot safely use the bath
- wet rooms
- a hoist to help with moving and handling
- stair lifts
Minor adaptations may include:
- external handrails
- grab rails
- some door entry systems
All requests for an adaptation will need an assessment by our Occupational therapy service. They will then make recommendations on what is suitable for your needs. Please contact them to request an assessment: Email OPPDContactteam@southwark.gov.uk or phone 020 7525 3324.
Page last updated: 29 March 2023