Garage services privacy notice
The proper handling of personal information is very important to the delivery of our services.
To make sure that we treat personal information correctly, we aim to meet in full the requirements of data protection law.
This privacy notice has therefore been produced to explain as clearly as possible how we process your personal data.
Why we collect your personal information
Southwark council’s homeownership services collect personal data relating the management of the council garage stock for the purpose of maintaining a waiting list, allocation of vacant garages, charging and collecting the rent, repairing and maintaining the stock and to fulfil any other obligations relating to the licence agreement .
The payment of the rent arises from the licence agreement made between the council and the licensee.
How we use your information
Information held by our Garages Team is used to maintain the waiting list and to collect rent.
To improve the service we deliver we may also use your information to communicate with you about housing services. This could include these services:
- Repairs and maintenance
- Major works
- New Homes
- Resident services
Who has access to your data?
We may need to share your data with other organisations we work with or those who provide services on our behalf. These include:
- IT and software providers
- housing service providers and contractors
Occasionally, your information may be accessed by contracted IT providers. Access by IT providers will only be for reasons of technical support, and any viewing of data will be incidental to this.
There are other specific situations where we may be required to disclose information about you, such as:
- where we're required to provide the information by law
- where disclosing the information is required to prevent or detect a crime, including fraud
- where disclosure is in the vital interests of the person concerned
Your data protection rights
You have these rights in relation to the data we hold to administer your lease:
- the right to be informed about the collection and use of your data
- the right to obtain access to your data
- the right to have any inaccurate or incomplete data rectified
- the right to have personal data erased in specific circumstances
- the right to restrict processing of data in specific circumstances
- the right to object to processing of your data in certain circumstances
You also have a right to make a complaint about our handling of your personal data to the Information Commisioner's Office or by calling 0303 123 1113.
If you’d like to know more about the information we hold, or the way we use it, please email the Data Protection Officer at Southwark council at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Data Protection Officer PO Box 68763, London SE1P 4DJ.
More information about data protection law and how it applies to you can be found on the Information Commisioner's Office website.
Page last updated: 06 September 2023