Mains drinking water
If you're concerned about the quality of your drinking water, contact Thames Water.
On the Thames Water website you can:
- download a summary report of your water quality/hardness
- report a leak
- find out about street works
- find a locally approved plumber under the national WaterSafe Scheme
We're responsible under the Water Industry Act 1991 for checking the safety, wholesomeness and sufficiency of all water supplies in the local area.
If you're not satisfied with Thames Water's response to your query, contact our Environmental Health Team on email@example.com.
Drinking Water Inspectorate (DWI)
- provide independent scrutiny and assessment of drinking water quality in England and Wales - see the DWI website for information on drinking water related matters
- publish annual reports summarising information about water quality across England and Wales
The Discover Water website contains facts and assessment about water supplies and information about bills, sewerage and environmental protection. You can also find information on the water industry website.
Page last updated: 18 September 2017