Resources and key documents
There are lots of resources and information, which are available to learn more about the climate emergency. Below are some links that we'd recommend looking at. Please note that some of these are external sites, and may not be using the most recent data available.
- Look at how high temperatures might climb and how much rain might fall in your area and how – this was produced by the BBC and the Met Office in August 2022 to show how climate change will impact different parts of the UK based on 2ºC and 4ºC of warming
- What are the effects of climate change and how will it impact weather in the UK? – various information resources from the Met Office
- Our draft Climate Change Resilience and Adaptation Strategy Summary (PDF, 353kb)
- Our full draft Climate Change Resilience and Adaptation Strategy (PDF, 406kb)
- Our draft actions, that will inform a final action plan for the strategy (PDF, 441kb)
- A background document, to show how we have considered various international, national and regional policies and frameworks (PDF, 808kb)
How you can help us
Every part of our borough needs to work together to make sure we are as prepared as possible for the changes in our climate.
We're running a consultation on our draft strategy between 29 August and 10 October 2023. We want to know what a resilient Southwark is from your perspective, so this plan works for the whole of the borough.
Please take the time to complete our short survey to help us understand how to make our draft resilience and adaptation strategy and action plan as helpful as possible for all of Southwark.
This survey forms part of the public consultation on our draft Climate Resilience and Adaptation Strategy.
We welcome all comments on the draft strategy and supporting documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The consultation closes on 9 October 2023.
Page last updated: 29 August 2023