Resources and key documents
There are lots of resources and information available to learn more about the climate emergency. Below are some links that we'd recommend looking at. Please note that some of these are external sites, and may not be using the most recent data available.
- Look at how high temperatures might climb and how much rain might fall in your area and how – this was produced by the BBC and the Met Office in August 2022 to show how climate change will impact different parts of the UK based on 2ºC and 4ºC of warming
- What are the effects of climate change and how will it impact weather in the UK? – various information resources from the Met Office
- our draft Climate Change Resilience and Adaptation Strategy Summary (PDF, 353kb)
- our full draft Climate Change Resilience and Adaptation Strategy (PDF, 406kb)
- our draft actions, that will inform a final action plan for the strategy (PDF, 441kb)
- a background document, to show how we've considered various international, national and regional policies and frameworks (PDF, 808kb)
How you can help us
Every part of our borough needs to work together to make sure we are as prepared as possible for the changes in our climate.
We held a public consultation on our draft strategy between 29 August and 10 October 2023. Thank you for taking part, and helping us to understand how to make our resilience and adaptation strategy and action plan as helpful as possible for all of Southwark.
We're currently considering all of the feedback we received and using this to inform a final climate change resilience and adaptation strategy.
Learn more about climate threats
Page last updated: 07 November 2023