Ask a question
Additional information about public questions
A register of questions is kept by the constitutional team and is open for public inspection. For further information on the register please contact the constitutional team.
The chair may reject a question if it
- is not about a matter for which the council has responsibility or which affects the borough
- is defamatory, frivolous or offensive
- is substantially the same as a question which has been put at a meeting of the council assembly in the past six months or three months for executive meetings
- requires the disclosure of confidential or exempt information
- concerns a planning or licensing application
- raises a grievance for which there are other established processes for resolution
- relates to an investigation (whether completed or not) by, or ruling of, the standards committee or sub-committee, insofar as those comments relate to the behaviour or conduct of an individual member or members.
Page last updated: 28 November 2017