Welcome to Southwark information for guests from Ukraine
Find information about arriving from the Ukraine, about life in the UK, how to get financial benefits, finding a job, seeking medical help and applying for schools places, including some translations into Ukraine and Russian.
UK Government welcome information for people from the Ukraine
The UK Government has a welcome guide for Ukrainians arriving in the UK in English, Ukrainian and Russian covering:
- what you need to know in your first few days
- getting used to life in the UK including how to find a home
- access to essential public services (council and healthcare services)
- what to do if things go wrong and help from emergency services (police, ambulance and fire services)
- how to find work and childcare
- schools and colleges.
- claiming Social Security Benefits and getting a National Insurance Number
Page last updated: 01 June 2022