Southwark Council is made up of 23 wards. Two or three councillors are elected from each ward making it a total of 63 councillors.
The Labour party has 49 councillors and the Liberal Democrats party has 14 councillors.
Elections for the council are held every four years. The last election took place on 3 May 2018.
The leader of the council is Cllr Peter John (Labour).
The council employs officers to carry out its policies and run services. Officers are managed by the Chief executive.
The council is made up of five departments:
- Chief Executive's Department
- Environment and Social Regeneration
- Finance and Governance
- Children's and Adults' services
- Housing and Modernisation
Contact your councillor
You can find your local councillors' contact details and surgery times below. Contact your local representative for advice and information or for help with a problem relating to the council.
- search for your councillor
- view councillors alphabetically and by ward
- view members expenses
- see agendas and minutes of council meeting
Page last updated: 20 June 2018