Leader of the Council and Cabinet Members
Councillor Kieron Williams
Leader of the Council
The Leader sets the overall vision, direction and top priorities for the council. He represents the council in the community and in negotiations with regional and national organisations. The leader appoints members of the cabinet and is able to change cabinet member portfolios during the year.
Cllr Williams has particular responsibility for:
- setting the political and strategic direction for the council
- Southwark 2030 and the Council Delivery Plan
- Southwark Stands Together
- communications, campaigns and public affairs
- emergency planning and business continuity
- major projects oversight
- strategic partnerships and relationships with government, the Mayor of London, City Hall, Transport for London, The NHS and major anchor organisations within the borough
- performance management of the Cabinet and Deputy Cabinet Members
All executive functions not allocated to a portfolio will be the responsibility of, or delegated by, the Leader.
Page last updated: 05 February 2024