If you've ever thought about fostering and wondered what the process was, you're very welcome to come to one of our friendly information sessions.
You'll hear all about how fostering helps young people and can talk to experienced foster carers as well as our great support staff. You can learn about what is needed to become a foster carer from our social workers.
These sessions last for about an hour and a half and will give you a good insight into what it's like to be a foster carer for Southwark. We ask that you arrive 10 to 15 minutes before the start of the session so we can register you and you can have a cup of tea or coffee beforehand. There will be a chance to ask questions.
To reserve a place, contact email@example.com.
Fostering information meetings - second Tuesday of every month.
- Canada Water Library, 21 Surrey Quays Road, SE16 7AR, 5.30pm to 7pm (location for all meetings other than 8 June 2018)
Dates and locations for 2018:
- Tuesday 10 April 2018, Room 1
- Tuesday 8 May 2018, Room 2
- Friday 8 June 2018, Surrey Quays shopping Centre, Redriff Road, SE16 7LL at 9.30am to 4pm
- Tuesday 12 June 2018, Room 2
- Tuesday 10 July 2018, Room 2
- Tuesday 14 August 2018, Room 2
- Tuesday 11 September 2018, Room 2
- Tuesday 9 October 2018, Room 2
- Tuesday 13 November 2018, Room 2
- Tuesday 11 December 2018, Room 2
Drop in sessions
Our informal drop in sessions are for those wishing to have an informal chat about any aspect of adoption or fostering. Come along for a cup of coffee and a chat with Jane on any of the days:
- every Monday, 5pm to 7pm at Domali, 38 Westow Street, SE19 3AH
- every Thursday, 9am to 11am at Andersons, 139 Bellenden Road, Peckham, SE15 4DH
We're holding some drop in sessions at Southwark Cathedral Café, SE1 9DA (close to London Bridge Station) on:
- 20 March 2018, 9am to 11am
- 17 April 2018, 9am to 11am
Page last updated: 15 March 2018