If you've ever thought about fostering and wondered what the process was, you're very welcome to come to one of our friendly information sessions.
You'll hear all about how fostering helps young people and can talk to experienced foster carers as well as our great support staff. You can learn about what is needed to become a foster carer from our social workers.
These sessions last for about an hour and a half and will give you a good insight into what it's like to be a foster carer for Southwark. We ask that you arrive 10 to 15 minutes before the start of the session so we can register you and you can have a cup of tea or coffee beforehand. There will be a chance to ask questions.
To reserve a place, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fostering information meetings are held the second Tuesday of every month.
- Canada Water Library, 21 Surrey Quays Road, SE16 7AR, 6.30pm - 8pm
Dates and locations for 2018/19:
- Tuesday 11 December 2018, Room 2
- Tuesday 8 January 2019, Room 2
- Tuesday 12 Febuary 2019, Room 2
- Tuesday 12 March 2019, Room 2
Drop in sessions
Our informal drop in sessions are for those wishing to have an informal chat about any aspect of adoption or fostering. Come along for a cup of coffee and a chat with Jane on any of the days:
- every Monday, 5pm to 7pm at Blackbird Bakery, Queens Road, Peckham (last one 17 December; restarts 7 January 2019)
- every Thursday, 9am to 11am at Andersons, 139 Bellenden Road, Peckham, SE15 4DH (last one 20 December; restarts 10 January 2019)
We're holding some drop in sessions at Southwark Cathedral Café, SE1 9DA (close to London Bridge Station).
Southwark Cathedral Café, SE1 9DA (close to London Bridge Station)
- 18 December from 9am to 11am
- 22 January 2019 from 9am to 11am
- 19 February 2019 from 9am to 11am
- there will be no drop in in March
- 16 April 2019 from 9am to 11am
- 21 May 2019 from 9am to 11am
- 18 June 2019 from 9am to 11am
Whilst we're pleased to hear from anyone who wishes to foster, you do need to have a spare room. If at this present time you don’t, please get in touch with our Family Link team or the Independent visitor scheme .
Page last updated: 03 December 2018