If you’re thinking about fostering you can find out more at an information session or drop-in session.
What happens at an information session
- hear how fostering helps young people
- talk to experienced foster carers and our great support staff
- learn what is needed to become a foster carer from our social workers
- get an insight into what it's like to be a Southwark foster carer
- ask any other questions
How long are the information sessions
The information sessions last for about an hour and a half. Please arrive 10 to 15 minutes before the start time to register.
Dates and locations for information sessions
Fostering information sessions are on the following Tuesday evenings at Canada Water Library, 21 Surrey Quays Road, SE16 7AR
- Tuesday 9 July 2019 at 5.45pm to 7.45pm in Room 2
- Tuesday 13 August 2019 at 5.45pm to 7.45pm in Room 2
- Tuesday 10 September 2019 at 5.45pm to 7.45pm in Room 5
- Tuesday 8 October 2019 at 5.45pm to 7.45pm in Room 2
- Tuesday 12 November 2019 at 5.45pm to 7.45pm in Room 2
- Tuesday 10 December 2019 at 5.45pm to 7.45pm in Room 2
To reserve a place, email email@example.com.
Fostering drop-in sessions
Drop-in sessions are ideal if you'd like an informal chat about adoption or fostering and there is no need to pre-register. Come along for a cup of coffee and a chat with Jane Tilton (Adoption and Fostering Recruitment Manager ) on any of these days:
Blackbird Bakery, Queens Road, Peckham
Every Monday, 5pm to 7pm
Andersons Café, 139 Bellenden Road, Peckham, SE15 4DH
Every Thursday, 9am to 11am
Southwark Cathedral Refectory Café, SE1 9DA
- Tuesday 16 July 2019, 9am to 11am
- Tuesday 13 August 2019, 9am to 11am
- Tuesday 17 September 2019, 9am to 11am
Register your interest in fostering
If you’re interested in fostering you can also complete our quick enquiry form and a member of our team will contact you. You don't have to complete a form before coming to an information session.
Page last updated: 26 June 2019