Children and Family Centres
Children and Family centres provide advice and support for parents and carers. Their services are available to you from pregnancy right through to when your child goes into reception class at primary school.
The centres offer a wide range of services to meet you and your child's needs, all in one place, including:
- your child can make friends and learn as they play
- you can get professional advice on health and family matters, learn about training and job opportunities
- you can socialise with other people
Centres are open to all children and parents and many of the services are free (eg access to midwives and health visitors).
You'll have to pay for childcare services, but support is offered through:
- free early learning entitlement for three and four year old
- tax credits for those who are eligible for help
You may also have to pay a small charge for some activities like toddler groups and baby massage.
For useful links where you can find advice, guidance and activities to support you and your family during the COVID-19 situation, refer to the 1st Place Tool Kit.
Page last updated: 23 September 2022