Selling to Southwark
To create more contract oppportunities and to help businesses supplying to us, we take the following actions:
- we electronically publish full details and contract documents for all advertised contract opportunities being run through our eProcurement system; suppliers can register free-of-charge to receive details of relevant contract opportunities from Southwark and 22 other London boroughs using the system via the London Portal
- we publish contract opportunities and details of contracts award over a value of £25,000 on the Contracts Finder
- we offer suppliers free registration for contract opportunities via Southwark’s eProcurement Portal ; suppliers receive e-mail alerts when opportunities are posted that match their specific category (either from Southwark or any London boroughs who use the system)
- for relevant procurements, we may advertise opportunities in local press outlets, trade journals or on their own websites
Our contracts register provides details of our significant current contracts for goods, works and services. It's reviewed and updated on a quarterly basis.
The following details are publicly available:
- name of contract
- contract description
- lead contract officer (contact for the contract)
- supplier name
- contract values
- contract start date
- contract end date
The contract register is published by Due North and can help identify future tender opportunities. For specific contract and procurement information, contact the lead contract officer.
We're committed to publishing details of our expenditure on works, goods and services. For further information, visit our Open data page.
Approved list of building contractors and consultants
For work contracts, we require contractors to register and be accredited with Exor, a public sector accreditation service. For further information about our approved list of building contractors and consultants and how to apply for inclusion, see our approved list for supplies.
How to do business with us
You can find everything you need to know about applying for contracts with Southwark by downloading our guidance on how to do business with the council (pdf, 324kb).
Our Local economy page has more information on how we can support your business.
Page last updated: 30 November 2018