Get election ready

The UK General Election is on 4 July.
You need valid photo ID to vote in person. Check your ID now.
If you don’t have valid ID, apply by 5pm on 26 June for a Voter Authority Certificate.  
Find out more about voting and elections in Southwark

Reporting changes

You must tell us about any changes in your circumstances as this could result in us paying you too little or too much Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction.

If we pay you too much, you'll have to pay it back. If you don’t we could take you to court and you may face prosecution.

You have one calendar month to tell us about a change in your circumstances

Find out what proof you’ll need to provide.

Tell us about a change

Changes you must tell us about

Financial changes, including:

  • you start work or your employment ends
  • your earnings or your weekly working hours change
  • you start or stop receiving a benefit, or a benefit changes
  • a pension or annuity starts or changes
  • your savings increase or decrease

The people you live with, including:

  • you marry, enter a civil partnership, start living with your partner, divorce or separate
  • someone moves into or out of your house
  • someone in your household has a baby or adopts
  • someone in your household dies
  • someone in your household becomes a student
  • you sublet your house or take in a lodger
  • someone goes into, or comes out of, hospital or prison
  • a child leaves school

Change of rent or change of address:

  • your rent increases or decreases
  • you move home
  • you are temporarily absent from your main home


If you suspect that someone is committing fraud against the council we'd like to know about it.

Report fraud

Page last updated: 02 October 2017


Privacy settings