You must tell us about any changes in your circumstances as this could result in us paying you too little or too much Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction.
If we pay you too much, you'll have to pay it back. If you don’t we could take you to court and you may face prosecution.
Find out what proof you’ll need to provide.
Changes you must tell us about
Financial changes, including:
- you start work or your employment ends
- your earnings or your weekly working hours change
- you start or stop receiving a benefit, or a benefit changes
- a pension or annuity starts or changes
- your savings increase or decrease
The people you live with, including:
- you marry, enter a civil partnership, start living with your partner, divorce or separate
- someone moves into or out of your house
- someone in your household has a baby or adopts
- someone in your household dies
- someone in your household becomes a student
- you sublet your house or take in a lodger
- someone goes into, or comes out of, hospital or prison
- a child leaves school
Change of rent or change of address:
- your rent increases or decreases
- you move home
- you are temporarily absent from your main home
If you suspect that someone is committing fraud against the council we'd like to know about it.
Page last updated: 02 October 2017