Liverpool Grove public realm improvement scheme
As part of the Walworth Low-Emission Neighbourhood scheme, Liverpool Grove was identified as an area with potential to enhance the public realm to create a new community space.
An initial engagement exercise was carried out in November 2020, where we devised these key objectives:
- Make Liverpool Grove more attractive and a pleasant place to enjoy
- Make the street greener, cleaner and safer
- Enhance the view and heritage of St Peter’s Church
- Support local businesses
- Make walking safer and more enjoyable
- Make cycling safer and more enjoyable
Engagement and consultation
Phase 1 engagement
In November 2020 we carried out an initial engagement exercise. This helped us to understand the community’s key concerns and what they would like the scheme to tackle. View the comments.
Phase 2 engagement
Using the comments from phase 1, we developed some initial designs for the community to consider. We prepared a short survey for local people to tell us whether they felt the initial designs (below) achieved the key objectives and where they could be improved. Read the full report (pdf, 1.1mb).
Phase 3 consultation
The initial designs were updated (below) to include the feedback from phase 2. The designs were presented to the community again. This helped us to understand whether local opinion of them had improved, and whether any other issues needed mitigating. Read the full report on the outcome of this consultation.
- The Cabinet Member for Parks, Road and Transport approved the scheme to proceed to statutory consultation in January 2022.
- Statutory consultation will take place from 14 April 2022 to 10 May 2022. Find out how to provide an objection or support.
- Construction is scheduled to begin in Summer 2022. This is subject to the outcome of the statutory consultation process. All local stakeholders will be sent a letter informing them of the construction dates before the work is carried out.
Page last updated: 20 April 2022