Liverpool Grove public realm improvement scheme
About the project
As part of the Walworth Low-Emission Neighbourhood scheme, Liverpool Grove was identified as an area with the potential to enhance the public realm to create a people-friendly new community space.
An initial engagement exercise was carried out in November 2020, where we set these key objectives:
- make Liverpool Grove a more attractive and pleasant place to enjoy
- make the street greener, cleaner and safer
- enhance the view and heritage of St Peter’s Church
- support local businesses
- make walking and cycling safer and more enjoyable
We've worked closely with the community to develop these final designs to transform Liverpool Grove.
Construction on this scheme was completed in December 2022.
Engagement and findings
Phase 1 engagement
In November 2020, we carried out an initial engagement exercise. This helped us to understand the community’s key concerns and what they would like the scheme to tackle. View the comments.
Phase 2 engagement
Using the comments from phase 1, we developed some initial designs for the community to consider. We prepared a short survey for local people to tell us whether they felt the initial designs achieved the key objectives and where they could be improved. Read the full report (PDF, 1.1mb).
Phase 3 consultation
The initial designs were updated to include the feedback from phase 2. The designs were presented to the community again. This helped us to understand whether local opinion of them had improved and whether any other issues needed modifying. Read the full report on the outcome of this consultation.
- November 2020 - Phase 1 engagement (understand issues and community aspirations) - complete
- March - April 2021 - Phase 2 engagement (comment on concept design proposal) - complete
- December 2021 - Phase 3 engagement (comment on final design proposal) - complete
- January 2022 - Decision-making (Cabinet Member decides on whether to proceed with scheme proposal, subject to statutory consultation) - complete
- March 2022 - Statutory Consultation - complete
- September - December 2022 - Construction - complete
- Spring/Summer 2023 - Post-construction monitoring - pending
Page last updated: 20 March 2023