Fly tipping is the illegal dumping of waste. If rubbish has been dumped on pavements, highways or on council estates, we can remove it and in some cases get our enforcement team to investigate. If evidence is found we can prosecute those responsible.
We aim to clear reported fly tips within 24 hours.
If you see someone fly tipping, don’t confront them, but make a note of the following and then contact us to report fly tipping:
- date, time and place where it happened
- a description of any vehicles involved and their registration number
- what the waste looks like and how much there is
We will remove fly tips from:
- Southwark streets
- council owned estates
We won’t remove fly tips from:
- private residential properties
- housing association estates
- private roads
- schools, churches and church halls
- business premises
- train stations
- banks of river Thames (Port of London Authority)
Abandoned shopping trolleys
We don’t operate a collection service for abandoned shopping trolleys. To report an abandoned trolley please contact the organisation listed below:
Trolleywise: Freephone 0800 316 1241 (8am to 6pm, answer machine after hours)
Trolleywise are a professional trolley retrieval service that currently operate on behalf of the following retailers:
Trolleywise are also in partnership agreement with British Waterways which allows them to collect trolleys in their canal networks.
Page last updated: 26 March 2020