Southwark Information Advice and Support Team (SIAS)
The Southwark Information Advice and Support team (SIAS) is an arms length service which offers impartial advice to parents and young people. SIAS believes that every journey counts and therefore we ensure our services provide parents, children and young people with the information and support necessary.
SIAS was established to ensure that parents, carers of children and young people aged 0 to 25 years old with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) have access to information, advice and guidance to allow them to make informed decisions about their education and 16 plus choices.
SIAS offer parents support, training and advice on topics including:
- special educational needs
- communicating with schools and other agencies
- transition from nursery to primary school
- transition from primary to secondary school
- advice for all parents on applying for a school place
- age 16 plus education and career choices
- how to request for an education, health and care plan
- helping parents and young people understand tribunals
- support parents, carers and young people complete an appeals process
- attend school meetings
- SEND exclusions
This service is free to all parents, carers and young people who live in Southwark and parents who have children attending schools in Southwark.
Our drop-in sessions are during school term time only. They're located at Sunshine House, Ground floor, 27 Peckham Road, London, SE5 8UH at the following times:
- every Tuesday 9am to 12pm
- every Thursday 3pm to 6pm
For more information:
Page last updated: 05 November 2018