Reporting a pest problem

Outdoor pest control

Pests in parks

If you notice rats or mice in any of Southwark's parks, you can report the pest online by specifying the issue is in a public place.

Report a pest problem

Pests on privately owned land

If rats and mice are causing a problem on privately owned land (eg an overgrown garden, building site etc) we can serve a notice on the landowner. The notice will require that the land is treated and the problem dealt with.

We may not be able to help with the following:

  • unregistered land. Unregistered land is simply land, the ownership of which is not registered at the Land Registry
  • accumulations of inert material such as building rubble
  • overgrown gardens. Unless it can be proven that it is attracting vermin

Report a pest issue on private land

Page last updated: 14 July 2020


Privacy settings